A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
- left-key: rotate the ship counter-clockwise
- right-key: rotate the ship clockwise
- space: go! boosts the ship
- up-/down-leys: go through menu options
- enter: select menu option (buy / sell)
Trade. In Space!
Fly your little space-ship between small worlds, buying and selling trade items for ENERGON*, the universal resource / shield / future-money-replacement.
Well, until your luck runs out and the orange warning lights start blaring at least...
Fuel is automatically 'bought' from your ENERGON reserves (5 ENERGON to get a full tank) when you run out, but it's Game-Over when the ENERGON itself runs out!
*) I didn't realize this is an unintentional reference to a certain popular cartoon show until somebody pointed it out to me... sorry to get your hopes up!
- Credz are earned everytime ENERGON is maxxed out at 100, but you still sell items.
- You've made a Trip when you've landed (or crashed) on a planet that wasn't the same as the last planet you've landed on.
You've only got 2 cargo-holds, so use them wisely!
Oh, and watch out for the green 'farce-field' :wink:
- Content Note: Oblique reference to alcohol.
- Bug: Score-screen (on game over) may show score of the game *before* the one that just ended. :sweatdrop:
- Workaround for bug: When game-over, go back to main, then select the 'continue' option (as opposed to start). It will now show the score for last time.
- The help-screen may be a lot more confusing than the description here, sorry!
- Font: Quirk Medium.
- Made with: \ code: C++ & SDL2 (& some cleaned-up base code from last 2 times), \ images: The GIMP2, \ music: BeepBox.co, \ sounds-fx: Bfxr
- The game(-files) itself (and source) is still identical to the one I uploaded before the end of the compo, but I have overhauled both this *description-page* and the *description* on itch.io completely!
- Download the relevant zip for your OS (Wndows or Linux only).
- Unzip to a folder of your choice.
- (Linux only) If the executable itself doesn't work; start a terminal in the unzipped folder and execute 'start_game.sh'.
- Have fun. (Please?)